The IDEAL MENTOR is a person who:
1. Seems to have what you personally need.
2. Cultivates relationships.
3. Is willing to take a chance on you.
4. Is respected by other Christians.
5. Has a network of resources.
6. Is consulted by others.
7. Both talks and listens.
8. Is consistent in his lifestyle.
9. Is able to diagnose your needs.
10. Is concerned with your interests.
Source: Howard Hendricks and William Hendricks. As Iron Sharpens Iron (Kindle Locations 713-715). Kindle Edition. Chicago: Moody Press, 1995.