This excellent apologetics and faith building resource was formerly titled “Objections Answered.” It is my understanding that eminent theologian, Dr. R.C. Sproul was asked by D. James Kennedy (then pastor of Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church in Ft. Lauderdale) to answer the 10 biggest objections that non-believers had in the late 1970’s and early 1980’s to the Christian faith. This book is the result of R. C. Sproul answering the questions submitted to him by Dr. Kennedy. Even though we find ourselves with increasing skepticism, and postmodernism in the 21st Century – I still believe this is one of the finest primer’s available for Christian’s to answer these objections in today’s climate.
Here are the ten objections Sproul tackles in this book (according to Evangelism Explosion – these were the 10 most popular objections to the Christian Faith in the early 1980’s):
1) “The Bible Contradicts itself. It’s Just a Fairy Tale.”
2) “All Religions are Good. It doesn’t matter what you Believe.”
3) “What About the Poor Native Who Never Heard of Christ?”
4) “Christianity is a Crutch for Weak People.”
5) “The Church is Full of Hypocrites.”
6) “I Don’t Need Religion.”
7) “There is No God.”
8) “If There is a God Why Is There So Much Evil in the World?”
9) “Why Does God Allow Suffering?”
10) “When You’re Dead You’re Dead! There Is No More!”
Dr. Sproul handles these ten questions by beginning with his own personal testimony of how he came to have a personal relationship with Christ, and then proceeds to handle these objections with great skills in logic, Biblical exegesis, an understanding of popular culture, helpful illustrations, and concludes each chapter with a helpful summary of how to handle each objection. I highly recommend this book as educational, encouraging, and helpful in equipping Christians to share their faith with confidence because we have excellent reasons for why we believe what we do about the Christian faith.