About Dr. David P. Craig
“Keep a close watch on yourself and on the teaching. Persist in this, for by doing so you will save both yourself and your hearers.” – 1 Timothy 4:16
I am a California native from Huntington Beach, currently working as a Pastoral Life Coach in South Orange County, California. I am married to my best friend of 20 years – Dana – and have one teenager still living at home; four adult children; and two grand children. I have been a Teaching Pastor for over twenty years. I was privileged to study at Multnomah University in Portland, OR (B.S. – 1988); Talbot School of Theology in La Mirada, CA (M.Div. – 1991); Westminster Theological Seminary in Escondido, CA & Northwest Graduate School in Seattle, WA (D. Min. – 2003). As a cancer survivor (Squamous Cell Carcinoma – Back of the Tongue – Stage 3, 2012) I have a special heart for people with cancer and their caregivers.
I founded Vertical Living Ministries in 2008 with the goal of encouraging Christian Disciples and Leaders to be more effective by being intentionally Christ-Centered in how they live for the purposes of glorifying God in Nine Key Areas of life:
(1) Spiritually – Your Relationship to God through The Lordship of Jesus Christ.
(2) Marriage – Your triune covenantal relationship with Christ at the center.
(3) Family/Parenting – How to be a Christ-centered family and raise Children that love Jesus above all else.
(4) Vocationally – Your Work in the World and with the Church
(5) Health – Taking care of your body that God will use on this earth until the day of your final glorification
(6) Friendship – Your connections and building bridges with others as you reflect Christ in your community
(7) Financially – Your stewardship of God’s resources
(8) Mentoring – Your investing in Others Using your Unique Skills, Gifting, Talents, Personality, and Passion
(9) Discipleship – Your Investing in the Spiritual Growth of other followers and would-be followers of Christ
As a graduate of Bobb Biehl’s Consulting Institute and Leadership Academy (see http://www.bobbbiehl.com/) & Life Coaching with Dave Kraft (author of Leaders Who Last, Crossway, 2011) I have received phenomenal personal and organizational leadership training and have received an abundance of practical resources for Life Coaching. I am a third generation Pastor (both my grand dads were bi-vocational pastors in Argentina). I speak Spanish fluently and have had the privilege of teaching pastors and missionaries in Argentina, Spain, Cuba, Mexico, and India. I combine my theological training and years of pastoral leadership experience in order to provide the following services:
1) One-on-one coaching in the above areas – helping individuals develop their own personalized “Vertical Life Plan” – which is an intentional written account of how you can balance the Nine Key Areas of your life for God’s glory.
2) Teaching, Preaching, Seminars, Retreats (Renewals), and Workshops in all, or any of the Nine Key Areas above – I always focus on how the Person and Work of Christ are central to all of life. I am primarily an expositional Bible teacher and love to teach Biblical material in the context intended by the Biblical author’s.
3) Christ-centered Counseling for individuals and couples working toward repentance, reconciliation, and Christlikeness in all areas of life.
It is to these nine areas that I seek to help followers of Christ live today for that which will last for eternity -
“Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.” – Ephesians 5:15-17
“Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving. See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.” – Colossians 2:6-8
Thanks for visiting my website, and may Christ’s presence satisfy you in abundance!
I can be reached to serve your needs at: LifeCoach4God@gmail.com
In Christ’s Grip of Grace,
Dr. David P. Craig