About Dr. David P. Craig
“Keep a close watch on yourself and on the teaching. Persist in this, for by doing so you will save both yourself and your hearers.” – 1 Timothy 4:16
I am a California native from Huntington Beach, currently working as a Pastoral Life Coach in South Orange County, California. I have been married to my best friend for 21 years – Dana – and have one teenager still living at home; four adult children; and three grand children. I have been a Youth and Lead Teaching Pastor in California, Oregon, and Washington for almost 30 years. I was privileged to study at Multnomah University in Portland, OR (B.S. – 1988); Talbot School of Theology in La Mirada, CA (M.Div. – 1991); Westminster Theological Seminary in Escondido, CA & Northwest Graduate School in Seattle, WA (D. Min. – 2003). As a cancer survivor (Squamous Cell Carcinoma – back of the tongue – Stage 3, 2012) I have a special heart for people with cancer and their caregivers.
I founded Vertical Living Ministries in 2008 because I have a passion for encouraging Christian Disciples and Leaders to be more strategic and effective in that which matters for eternity by being intentionally Christ-Centered in 9 key areas of life:
(1) Spiritually – Your relationship to God through the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
(2) Marriage – Your triune covenantal relationship with Christ at the center.
(3) Family/Parenting – How to be a Christ-centered family and raise Children that love Jesus above all else.
(4) Vocationally – Your calling in the world and ministering within your local Church.
(5) Health – Taking care of your body that God will use on this earth until the day of your final glorification.
(6) Friendship – Building bridges in relationships as you reflect Christ in your community.
(7) Stewardship – Maximizing your resources for Christ: money, time, skills, talents, spiritual gifts.
(8) Mentoring – Investing in relationships using your unique skills, gifting, personality, and passions.
(9) Discipleship – Participating in the spiritual growth of other followers and would-be followers of Christ.
It is in any or all of these nine areas that I seek to help followers of Christ live today for that which will last for eternity.
As a graduate of Bobb Biehl’s Consulting Institute and Leadership Academy (see http://www.bobbbiehl.com/) & Life Coaching with Dave Kraft (author of Leaders Who Last & Mistakes Leaders Make, Crossway) I have received phenomenal personal and organizational leadership training and have received an abundance of practical resources for Life Coaching. I am a third generation Pastor (both my grand dads were bi-vocational pastors in Argentina). I speak Spanish fluently and have had the privilege of teaching pastors and missionaries in Argentina, Spain, Cuba, Mexico, and India. I combine my theological training and 30 years of pastoral leadership experience in order to provide the following services:
(1) One-on-one coaching in the above areas – helping pastors, business leaders, and disciples of Christ in all walks of life develop their own personalized “Vertical Life Plan” – which is an intentional written account of how you can balance the Nine Key Areas of your life for God’s glory. Most of my coaching is done via phone or Skype. I coach people all over the USA.
(2) Teaching, Preaching, Seminars, Retreats (Renewals), and Workshops in all, or any of the Nine Key Areas above – I always focus on how the Person and Work of Christ are central to all of life. I am primarily an expositional Bible teacher and love to teach biblical material with theological depth and pointed application.
(3) Christ-centered Counseling for individuals and couples working toward repentance, reconciliation, and Christlikeness in all areas of life.
(4) Pulpit Supply for busy pastors who need a vacation, or need a break to be able to attend to other pressing needs.
Thanks so much for visiting my website, and may Christ’s presence satisfy you abundantly!
In Christ’s Grip of Grace,
Dr. David P. Craig, Pastoral Life Coach
I can be reached to serve your needs at all of the following:
- Email: LifeCoach4God@gmail.com
- Phone: 760-580-2062
- Follow me on Twitter: @LifeCoach4God
- Address: Vertical Living MInistries – 2282 Aspen Street – Tustin, CA 92782
Pictured above from Left to right: Son, MIke; daughter, Keely; daughter, Bekah holding grandson Doug; Wife, Dana; Yours truly; Son, Johnny; daughter Chrissy and grandson, Daniel. Unfortunately, it’s very rare for us to all be together because our four oldest children live in four different states! However, there is nothing I enjoy more than being with my family – especially when we can all be together.
“Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.” - Ephesians 5:15-17
“Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving. See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.” - Colossians 2:6-8